“One thing I like less than most things is sitting in a dentist chair with my mouth wide open. And that I will never have to do it again is a hope that I am against hope hopen. Because some tortures are physical and some are mental, But the one that is both is dental.” Ogden Nash told us long ago (when we were in 9th standard to be precise), how visit to the dentist is one of the most excruciating experiences of all. I had, but forgotten the nice poem in my text book filled with literary devices and humor till yesterday. Like all normal homosapiens, yours truly is blessed with a set of 32. Now, the wisdom teeth, (that must be some strange irony!) have only one function in human body: Cause the occasional pain. I read that a normal adult doesn’t even require more than 28 teeth in the present age. But still there they are, vestigial and remnant of an age where we used to eat what not! Getting an appointment for a dentist is usually a smooth affair, although, most dentists don’t work on S...
Rahul's Favorite English Movies Rahul's Favorite English Movies Movie Release Year IMDb Link Forrest Gump 1994 IMDb The Others 2001 IMDb The Ghost and the Darkness 1996 IMDb My Cousin Vinny 1992 IMDb There Will Be Blood 2007 IMDb The Shawshank Redemption 1994 IMDb The Prestige 2006 IMDb Zodiac 2007 IMDb Se7en 1995 IMDb The Sixth Sense 1999 IMDb Django Unchained 2012 IMDb The Florida Project 2017 IMDb Cast Away 2000 IMDb Changeling 2008 IMDb The Pursuit of Happyness 2006 IMDb Mystic River 2003 IMDb Witness for the Prosecution 1957 IMDb Contact 1997 IMDb Shutter Island 2010 IMDb Killers of the Flower Moon 2023 IMDb Prisoners 2013 IMDb Apocalypto 2006 IMDb Find Me Guilty 2006 IMDb Don't Look Up 2021 IMDb Margin Call 2011 IMDb The Road 2009 IMDb Contagion 2011 IMDb Heat 1995 IMDb ...
Even during her decline, Sparta never forgot its claims on being the "defender of Hellenism" and its Laconic wit. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "If".
Comments